The Foundation raises funds towards the prevention, relief, treatment or cure of sickness, ill-health or infirmity of every kind in the field of mental health, and in particular … in furthering ideas of the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust.
Specifically the Tavistock Clinic Foundation operates
- To promote, establish, encourage, improve, assist and advance education and research into the causes and prevention relief, treatment and cure of sickness ill-health and infirmity of every kind in the field of mental health.
- To promote for the holding of lectures classes conferences and exhibitions demonstrations and displays and to establish and equip libraries, writing rooms, reading rooms, reception rooms and conference rooms as may be necessary or desirable in connection with the objects of the charity.
- To undertake or assist in the instruction and training of medical and other professional workers in the field of mental health.
- To purchase rent or acquire by way of gift or otherwise, apparatus appliances and equipment for, or connected with the analysis, processing, recording and tabulating of data and for any other purposes relevant to or required in connection with the advancement of the objects of the charity.
- To provide by way of gift, loan, or otherwise, resources for the development, improvement, arrangement or carrying out of any projects from time to time entered into or proposed to be entered into by any body group or individual and to commission any such projects for study and research in connection with all or any of the objects of the charity.
- To grant scholarships and bursaries exhibitions and prizes to students and others and to provide funds for post-graduate research grants to be awarded by the Trustees to deserving candidates on conditions to be laid down by the Trustees.